Printed February 2023 | 140 pages, 21 tables, 40 figures | Obtain desk of contents
The rising considerations of environmental air pollution and lack of petroleum assets have fuelled substantial analysis in the direction of valorization of bio-based polymers. Lignin is the second most ample renewable biopolymer on Earth and the biggest pure supply of fragrant monomers. Its industrial use has attracted appreciable consideration due to its benefits of excessive carbon content material, low price and bio-renewability. Lignin is a crucial precursor for sustainable synthesis of chemical compounds, polymers, and supplies to exchange or increase present petroleum-based counterparts.
Wooden pulping and different biorefinery industries extract greater than 50 million tonnes of lignin yearly, however solely ~2% is recovered for utilization in functions. Nevertheless, it is use as a ‘inexperienced’ feedstock for fuels, chemical compounds, and supplies is rising by means of the commercialization of extraction applied sciences coupled with transitioning in the direction of biorefinery processes.
Lignin has primarily been produced as an industrial residue of pulp and paper factories (e.g. a by-product of the Kraft course of), and the vast majority of the a number of tens of millions tons of lignin produced yearly are utilized as a low-cost gas for energy and warmth technology. On account of continued greening (i.e. renewable feedstock) of the worldwide financial system, new functions are being commercialized. For instance, lignin-based renewable purposeful fillers are utilized in totally different rubber functions as a sustainable different to carbon black and silica. Latest developments embrace use of lignin as a carbon additive in li-ion batteries., resulting from elevated demand for sustainable and environmentally pleasant vitality storage.
The International Marketplace for Lignin 2023-2033 consists of:
- Market description and future outlook.
- Evaluation of processes used to extract and refine lignin
- Manufacturing capacities of lignin producers.
- In depth evaluation of biorefinery lignin manufacturing.
- Markets and functions for lignin. Markets lined embrace fragrant compounds (e.g. Benzene, toluene and xylene; Vanillin; Phenol and Phenolic resins); Plastics and polymers; Hydrogels; Concrete; Rubber; Bitumen and Asphalt; Biofuels; Vitality storage; Binders, emulsifiers and dispersants; Chelating brokers; Ceramics; Automotive; Hearth retardants; Antioxidants; Lubricants; Mud Management.
- Market demand for lignin in metric tonnes, forecast to 2033.
- Business developments 2020-2023.
- Profiles of 79 lignin producers. Profiles embrace firm description, merchandise, processes and capacities. Corporations profiled embrace Bloom Biorenewables SA, Clariant, FP Improvements, Klabin SA, Lignin Industries, Lignolix, Inc., Lignopure, Lignovations GmbH, MetGen Oy, Praj Industries Ltd., Spero Renewables, Stora Enso, Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd., UPM, Versalis SpA and RenCom AB.